It’s Ber months, now shake off the doldrums, start doing your Christmas list while singing your favorite Christmas song.
“Sleigh bells ring are you listening, In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight, We’re happy tonight, Walking in a winter wonder land.” C’mon sing with me!!!
What is your favorite Christmas carol by the way?
Now let’s start with the question what should be in your Christmas list?
- A gift for yourself. Oh! Yes! Give yourself a gift because you have been working so hard since January thus you earned it. Besides, it’s Christmas!
Now think of something that you have been yearning to buy for yourself. If you’d ask me, my Christmas wish is a decent DSLR so I can take my photography skill to the next level (You know I only use my mobile camera in all my photos, right?) and new color markers and pens for my future designs/illustrations.
- Ho Ho Ho. This is the time of the year when you get the chance to play as St. Nicholas for your family and loved ones. Are’nt they the reason why you had been working so hard? Then, what are you waiting for? Start the planning and early Christmas shopping.
Here are my Christmas gift ideas:
- Mom & Dad – I am thinking of buying a nice couple shirt for my parents. That would be cute I think! HO-HO-HO
- Brothers – Bag for the boys.
- Sisters – Pair of doll shoes for my girls.
- Boyfriend – Probably a polo shirt for my busy dude or a personalized pillow. Wink!
- Grandparents – Food basket. Do you know that SM markets are selling Christmas baskets starting at PHP 350?
- Cousins / Aunts / Friends – Bath and beauty products. The best place for me to find these items is at Watsons. They have a wide selection of lovely gift sets, which you can buy for as low as PHP 99. Woah!
- Godchildren – I have few and I want to give them something educational like books and educational toys. But if you prefer to give your kids something wearable I heard SM is giving 50% off until October 31, 2015 on selected kids shoes and accessories. Hurry! Let the holiday shopping begin!
- Every Christmas it has been a tradition for our Parish youth organization to hold an outreach program for the less fortunate kids in our community. We start by raising funds through making and selling Christmas stars, and asking for donations. Then, we organize a Christmas party for them. There will be foods, games, singing & dancing, and gifts to make their Christmas experience truly memorable.
You know there are many ways to share the joy of Christmas. I still remember during my grade school days when my school would ask us to donate some of our though old but still usable toys and clothes that they will give to charity every Christmas.
And oh! I learned that SM have this SM Cares Bears of Joy Charity Program that allows you to keep one bear and give the other to Children from various aid organization and orphanages for only PHP 200. A good chance to make a child happy, grab it!
That’s it! Let me know how these three points helped you in making your Christmas list.
Sending you my early love for Christmas,